WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR
A Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator maintains a range of equipment associated with treating waste water and monitor, operate and control treatment processes.
This might be the career for you if you:
• Have good mathematical and mechanical skills
• Are good at solving problems
• Have good communication skills
Once you’ve completed your training you’ll be able to:
• Sample and test waste water
• Operate and control reclaimed water irrigation, odour removal processes, nutrient removal processes, granular media filters and membrane filters.
• Perform complex testing
• Identify workplace health and safety hazards
• Participate in risk assessment and risk control